- CAS NO.: 97-23-4
- EINECS No.: 202-567-1
- Molecular Formula: C13H10Cl2O2
- Product Name: Dichlorophen
- Molecular Weight: 269.12
- Synonyms: Di-(5-chloro-2-hydroxyphenyl)methane; di(5-chloro-2-hydroxyphenyl)methane; Dicestal; Dicestral; Dichloorfeen; Dichlorofen; Dichlorofen (Czech); dichlorofen(czech)
- Appearance: White or off-white powder
- Assay: 99%
- Melting Point: 168-172 ° C
- Water Solubility: < 0.1 g / 100 mL at 22 ° C
Dichlorophen, CAS 97-23-4, is soluble in alcohol and diethyl ether, slightly soluble in toluene. Dichlorophen, CAS 97-23-4, is stable in normal temperature and pressure, and is incompatible with strong bases, oxidizing agent.
Dichlorophen, CAS 97-23-4, is used as a biocide-algaecide. It is the main raw material of French bactericide “G-4”, which is composed of 29% Dichlorophen, CAS 97-23-4, 5% sodium hydroxide, 6% glycol, 1% p-chlorophenol and 59% water. It is widely used in agriculture industry and drug industry. Besides, Dichlorophen, CAS 97-23-4, has high activity in bacteria, fungus, algae and saccharomycetes, which plays an important role in circulating cooling water treatment in industries like chemical fertilizer, petroleum chemicals, oil refining and metallic. Dichlorophen, CAS 97-23-4, has certain toxicity, which would release toxic chloride gas, thus, it should be stored in cool, dry and ventilated warehouse and separably kept with incompatible materials and edible raw materials.