- CAS NO.: 74-79-3
- EINECS No.: 200-811-1
- Molecular Formula: C6H14N4O2
- Product Name: L(+)-Arginine
- Molecular Weight: 174.2
- Synonyms: 2-Amino-5-guanidinovaleric acid; (s)-2-amino-3-hydroxypropanoicacid; 2 -Amion-3-hydroxypropionicacid; alpha-Amino-beta-hydroxypropionic acid; alpha-amino-beta-hydroxypropionicacid; Propanoic acid, 2-amino-3-hydroxy-, (S)-; 8 -HYDROXY-L-ALANINE; 3 -hydroxy-alanine; 3 -HYDROXY-L-ALANINE
- Character: White crystalline powder; odorless; bitter taste.
- Melting Point: 244°C
- Water Solubility: 100mg/ml
- Stability: Stable, incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Sensibility: Air sensitive
- Storage: Sealed, keep in dry place.
Specifications(reference standard USP)
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%|
|Residue on ignition||≤0.3%|
Any individual impurity: ≤0.5%;
Total impurity: ≤2.0%
L-Arginine, CAS 74-79-3, enjoys wide application in food and medical industries. It is the indispensible amino acid for infants’ growth. It is the intermediate metabolite of ornithine cycle, facilitating ammonia turning into urea and reducing the blood ammonia level. Besides, the intravenous injection of L-Arginine solution can be used to stimulate the pituitary gland to release growth hormone. It is the main material of sperm protein, helping sperm production and providing energy for sperm movement. L-Arginine, CAS 74-79-3, is also applied in biochemical research for patients with hepatic coma and viral liver glutamic-pyruvic transaminase. In addition, it is used as food additives and flavouring agent. L-Arginine, CAS 74-79-3, is toxic and would release toxic nitric oxide smog when burned. Thus, it is necessary to be kept in cool, dry and well-ventilated place.