Picolinic acid|CAS 98-98-6
- CAS NO.: 98-98-6
- EINECS No.: 202-719-7
- Molecular Formula: C6H5NO2
- Product Name: Picolinic acid
- Molecular Weight: 123.11
- Synonyms: PYRIDINE-ALPHA-CARBOXYLIC ACID; PYRIDINE-2-CARBOXYLIC ACID; RARECHEM AL BO 0209; PICOLINIC(2-) ACID; PICOLINIC ACID; TIMTEC-BB SBB004277; 2-Carboxypyridine; Acide picolique; 2-picolinate; 2-nitrogen impurity benzoic acid; 2-pyridine carboxylic acid; Alpha chip, elder brother Lin acid
- Appearance: White or reddish needle crystals
- Assay: 99%
- Melting Point: 134 ~ 136 ℃
- Boiling Point: 292.467℃ at 760mmHg
- Flash Point: 130.68℃
- Vapour Point: 0.001mmHg at 25℃
Picolinic acid, CAS 98-98-6, is soluble in glacial acetic acid, hardly soluble in ether, chloroform, carbon disulfide. It can be sublimated. Picolinic acid, CAS 98-98-6, is used to produce 2-methyl-pyridine and potassium permanganate. Besides, it is also applied as the intermediate in organic synthesis. It can be used as tombarthite alkalis chelate or in the production for transition metals of picolinato.
Picolinic acid, CAS 98-98-6, has certain irritation, which would irritate the eyes, skin and respiratory system, thus, avoid direct contact with the product. It is recommended that operators should wear protective clothing during the operation. Wash immediately with plenty of running water and seek medical advice if accidentally exposed to skin and eyes. If people inhale Picolinic acid, CAS 98-98-6, send him to the place with fresh air and see a doctor as soon as possible.
Picolinic acid, CAS 98-98-6, should be stored in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use. Thoroughly clean the place after operation.