Ferric Citrate|CAS 3522-50-7;28633-45-6;6043-74-9
- CAS NO.: 3522-50-7;28633-45-6;6043-74-9
- EINECS No.: 219-045-4; 249-117-0; 222-536-6
- Molecular Formula: C6H5FeO7
- Product Name: Ferric Citrate
- Molecular Weight: 244.94
- Synonyms: Ferric citrate,pentahydrate; pentahydrate; Iron(III)citrate pentahydrate；Iron(III) citrate; 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylic acid
- Appearance: Pomegranate red transparent scaly or light brown powder
- Assay: 99%
- Boiling Point: 309.6°C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 155.2°C
- Vapour Pressure: 5.73E-05mmHg at 25°C
- Density: 1.762 g/cm³
Ferric Citrate, CAS 3522-50-7/ 28633-45-6 / 6043-74-9, has no smell, slowly but completely dissolved in cold water, soluble in hot water, dilute acid and ammonia water, almost insoluble in ethanol. Ferric Citrate, CAS 3522-50-7/ 28633-45-6 / 6043-74-9, is mainly applied in pharmaceutical industry as a pharmaceutical intermediate. Besides, it is the intermediate of Ferric Ammonium Citrate, which can be used to produce Ferric Ammonium Citrate.
Ferric Citrate, CAS 3522-50-7/ 28633-45-6 / 6043-74-9, has certain irritations, which would irritate the eyes, skin and respiratory system, thus, operators should be avoid contact with eyes, skin and respiratory system. It is suggested that operators should wear suitable protective clothing in case of danger. Ferric Citrate, CAS 3522-50-7/ 28633-45-6 / 6043-74-9, should be kept sealed away from light and strong oxidizing agent.