Magnesium Citrate|CAS 3344-18-1
- CAS NO.: 3344-18-1
- EINECS No.: 222-093-9
- Molecular Formula: C12H10Mg3O1
- Product Name: Magnesium Citrate
- Molecular Weight: 451.11
- Synonyms: Citric acid magnesium salt; MAGNESIUM CITRATE TRIBASIC; MAGNESIUM DI CITRATE; TRIMAGNESIUM DICITRATE; 1, 2, 3 - Propanetricarboxylicacid, 2 - hydroxy -, magnesiumsalt (2:3) Magnesiumcitrate16 %; Magnesium citrate hydrate; MAGNESIUM CITRATE, FCC/NF (14.5 to 16.4 AS MAGNESIUM); MagnesiumCitrateHexahydrate;MagnesiumHydroxideExtraPure; MAGNESIUMCITRATE, ANHYDROUS, USP
- Appearance: White or slightly yellow granules powder
- Assay: 99%
- Boiling Point: 309.6°C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 155.2°C
- Packing: 25 kg/barrel or according to customers’ requirement
Magnesium Citrate, CAS 3344-18-1, also called Magnesium dicitrate, is non-toxic, non-corrosive powder. It is formed by magnesium carbonate and citric acid. Magnesium Citrate, CAS 3344-18-1, plays a role in pharmaceutic industry. The magnesium contained in Magnesium Citrate is easy to be absorbed by people, so it functions as an important source of magnesium nutrient supplement. Besides, Magnesium Citrate, CAS 3344-18-1, is commonly used as saline laxative, which can be applied to patients to empty their intestines before taking an operation, for it can absorb water in the intestines and excrete the water backout the body.
Proper dose of Magnesium Citrate, CAS 3344-18-1, would cause no harm to people, while overdose would lead to certain side effects to the body. The maximum dose for an adult is 25mg. The common side effects may be severe diarrhoea, dizziness, headache and sore throat. Proper dose of Magnesium Citrate, CAS 3344-18-1, should be kept in dry and cool conditions.